What to Expect From the First 8 Hours
Before going to shoot at the range, we will have hands-on training, exercises, discussions and video clips to keep you totally engaged. The best way to learn is by doing, so we have a lot of ways to ensure that you are not just warming a seat! Whether you have never fired a gun before or are a seasoned shooter, you will learn a lot from this class as we thoroughly cover all the basics of using a handgun.
What You Will Receive if You Complete the NRA Basic Pistol Course
- NRA Pistol Shooting Handbook
- NRA Concealed Carry Holster Guide
- Winchester / NRA Marksmanship Handbook
- Top Notch training from an NRA Certified Instructor
Passing this class will earn you an NRA Certificate of Completion, and your first patch (“NRA Basic Practical”) for the Winchester / NRA Marksmanship program.
MATERIALS FOR CLASS:
- NO LIVE AMMO WILL BE ALLOWED IN CLASS
- A FOID card, firearm, or holster is not necessary to take the course.
Each student must provide each day:
- FOID card (if you have one).
- Firearm of choice (if you have one).
- Holster & belt of choice (if you have one).
- Vest or button-downed shirt (if you have one).
- Ammunition (minimum 100 rounds).
Each student must provide at the Range:
- Firearm (cased and unloaded – if you have).
- Magazines (if shooting semi auto).
- Hearing and eye protection.
- Approx. 100 rounds of ammo.
- FOID card (or DL.).
Please note the following:
- Unsafe actions will be cause for immediate disqualification from class (NO REFUNDS).
- Must pass shooting qualification with 70% or above. (Lower than 70%- we can schedule more range time).
- Dress appropriately, no high heels, wedges, or opened-toed shoes.
- Finger prints are optional. A finger print vender may be on-site.
You will not be bored! Even if you are merely attending to fulfill a requirement! We look forward to seeing you!